Patio washing, concrete pavers, cement pads, flagstone, artificial stone cleaning, sealing MD VA
The one day process for patio washing and sealing brick and cement pavers, concrete pads and driveways, clay pavers, acrylic overlays and artistic and artificial stone surfaces is finally here. After pressure washing the surface, the pavers joints are re-sanded and the two part epoxy sealer is applied in two coats. Some of the many applications for cleaning and then sealing with Seal ‘n Lock or Aqua Mix include pavers installed on patios, paver walkways, paver driveways, bricks, artificial stone wrapping on the foundation of homes, concrete pool pads (color enhanced is fine) and more. Have your patio washed and sealed during the week and enjoy it for a party on the weekend. For flagstone patios, products like Sealers Choice Gold’s popular Aqua Mix product are an excellent choice for those who do not want a heavy shine but want the protection of a sealer.
Patio sealers provide long lasting protection and help to inhibit algae, mold and weed growth. Once applied it is easy to maintain the surface. This adds curb appeal and and helps to increase your property value. To receive a quote for patio washing and sealing services simply contact our office to schedule an estimate.
- Schedule landscapers (and any other maintenance personnel) so that they DO NOT come on the day of sealing. Reschedule them to come at least TWO DAYS AFTER sealing to allow for sufficient ‘curing’ time. NOTE: Advise landscapers NOT to make right turns on sealed pavers in order to prevent tire markings from their riding equipment.
- Remove furniture, plants, and any other movable decorative items from the area being cleaned and sealed, or arrange removal with your sealing technician.
- Pool maintenance service should not be done the day of the sealing. Regular pool maintenance can be performed the day following the sealing to remove sand or debris from the pool.
- Turn off your sprinkler system on the day that your pavers are being cleaned and sealed.
- Make sure all automobiles that will need to be used are out of the garage and not on the paver area that is to be cleaned and sealed. If you are not home the day of the cleaning and sealing and if your garage door closes on top of the pavers, make arrangements with your sealing technician to be sure that the garage door will be left open.
- The paver surface can be opened to foot traffic 4 hours after the cleaning and sealing is completed.
- The paver surface can be opened to vehicular traffic 48 hours after the patio washing and sealing is complete.
- To prevent tire marks do no make any tight turns or sudden stops.
- Replace furniture, plants, and any other decorative items on the paver surface the next day.
- Swim in your pool the next day.
- We recommend patio washing and sealing maintenance every 3 years.